1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

stuck on windows loading screen with black background

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kierannich, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kierannich

kierannich Thread Starter

it has been sticking on the loading screen for about a month now so i reinstalled windows and it came on to the desktop i started downloading the drivers for mobo and i had to restart twice on the second time it got stuck again then i turned it off it came back on and asked me to system restore so i did it got stuck again i tried repairing with the windows disk it said it couldnt repair really stuck on this help would be appreciated thanks

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. kierannich

yeah its the same computer i didnt do what the last guy said i only just seen it now :(

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    The problem is that you might have a hardware problem and you are trying to fix it by software (restoring or a complete reinstall of Windows).

5. kierannich

what piece of hardware could it be? i didnt think it was hardware because some times it turns on to desktop but then when i turn it off and back on it asks me to system restore and doesnt work again after that and it stays on this black screen that says marvell 886se91xx adapter -bios version 1.0.0.1029 initializing for about 15 mins the gets stuck on that windows screen

6. kierannich

88se9 sorry then asks for start up repair

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    In your thread of 28 March, you said you have random shutdowns. That is a hardware problem. It could be heat, memory, failing power supply, fault in a motherboard as possible suspects.

8. kierannich

how do i test for which ones failing ?

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You can't now. You could have in your earlier thread when windows was loading.

10. kierannich

so theres no way or knowing how to fix it :(

11. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I wouldn't know how, if you can not get the computer to boot.

You could buy parts and keep swapping out but that's expensive and might not solve the problem.

The other alternative is to take it to a computer repair place where they have tools to test individual parts.

12. replay

replay

you need to follow the advice on the other thread

memtest for sure

13. kierannich

i have had it to boot up very rare times but i cant access the internet because of the drivers need to be installed and when it restarts it doesnt come back on then so i will have to take it to get fixed

14. replay

replay

if u can't follow the advice from this forum and you are not confident with computers it is probably best that u take it to a repair shop.............. just not the geek squad

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice