Stuck with relationships not working properly

Fireflycph

Morten
I think I understand now. You want the item number, on the report, to always start with “1” then regardless of what second item is that number should be “2” etc.

I’ll go back and make a small change.

jimr381

Jim
Good Morning,

Your junction table is setup backwards. The junction table is what they call tblServiceTicketPart1 and is used for a many-to-many relationship. The junction table typically has two one-to-many relationships hitting it from either side. You set it up to cascade which is different than what you want. The ITEMID should be the PK for your third table and that should be included in your junction table instead of the way we have it setup now. I then typically add a drop-down list in the junction table, which allows me to select one of the services in the third table, so I don't have to type in an individual service ID.

We will also want to ensure that anything related to equipment is only in the equipment table, everything that is related to a generic service is in your service table, (currently your third table) and anything related to the service for that equipment is in the junction table. This will alleviate redundancies in your structure, which will make queries run faster and be easier to work with.

Have a great week and let me know if you have questions,

Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts