Stumped and Need Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

New Tech

Working on an NT 4 Server with SP6 with two SCSI drives and all the complete data is on both drives. The system will not boot from drive 0 that failed but when drive 1 is made the primary drive then it never completely boots up windows but instead reboots at the same point each time. This is on a Compaq ML350 G1 Server. I tried to install another hard drive with a cloned image and it does the same thing as the original.

I am assuming that it is missing or something needs modified in the NTLDR, boot.ini, NTdetect.com, NToskrnl.exe or something else.

I am stumped and tried everything I remembered regarding NT4 on a Compaq server.

Any suggestions? I am not sure if I have everything to rebuild a fresh install on the Compaq server ( I have a Compaq Smart Start Disc but not sure if this correct version or not) and download any drivers from the HP site that are for this machine.

HELP!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online