1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stumped by boot order

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by janlafata, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janlafata

janlafata Thread Starter

I have an ASUS motherboard with 5 SATA connectors. I have a SATA hard drives on SATA 1 & 2 and a DVD burners on 3 & 4.(I'm not using RAID). Temporarily SATA 2 is not being used because I had to RMA a hard drive and it will be coming soon. Also, the plastic connector that attached SATA 3 to the motherboard broke off so it is out of the game for good. So I switched my default burner to SATA 4 and my other burner to SATA 5.

Everything works fine but my BIOS boot order has me stumped. Before the connector broke off BIOS boot showed SATA 1,2,3 & 4 being detected right in a row, but now 5 comes up first followed by 2 and 4. I'm not really that overly concerned about it, I just curious why that is. There isn't a whole lot of options in the BIOS to change anything. Right now I have my boot order set at Hard drive first, then burner.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice