1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stumped???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bradofcanada, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bradofcanada

bradofcanada Thread Starter

Ok this stumping me,i just got a new comp and for some reason it wont read my game discs.It will read my cd-rws and cd-rs only.Its was working quite fine in my other machine.The other machine was windows 98se and now im on xp home

Any ideas

Thanks

2. mobo

mobo

Are the games compatible with xp ?

3. bradofcanada

bradofcanada Thread Starter

I imagine so,even the Pc gamer demo discs will not read,it starts and pops on my bar then nothing,i switched back to the original cd player it came with and its the same thing

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

When you say it won't read, exactly what happens?

5. zeddy

zeddy

When you go into the My computer settings and right click on the CD Icon can you check that autoplay has not been disabled.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice