stupid.... but it bugs me

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

annabell50

well, my brand new motherboard is going to have to be replaced. Spent the day dealing with that and since the new board is only 45 days old, a new one is on it's way.

Thats good.

I have a simple request, but it bugs me. Win XP has this sucky "Welcome" screen that starts when windows starts. Is it possible to make it go away?

annabell50

Yes you can make it go away but why? In the scheme of things it's not really worth messing with. You can even change it to a screen you like or even make. It all depends on how well you know your computer and your computer skills. Sounds like you have had a bad experience with your computer and it's motherboard.

You can use a program such as "Logon Loader"
http://www.radfiles.com/logonloader/
This allows you to download the equivalent of "Themes" for the logon page. I have about 10 currently set on my system, and the program makes a random choice as to which of the screens shows up when I log on. Or you can have your choice permanently displayed.
By the way, my MB died after 9 months. (was still within warranty, new one is doing well).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online