1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stupid Crap Screwed My Internet Over

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Adrenalineflash, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Adrenalineflash

Adrenalineflash Thread Starter

Okay, so maybe my language is a bit foul, but I am ready to rant, everywhere. My little brother decided that when wasn't at my computer, he would get hacks for MSN. When he did, he tried installing em, though, i caught him in the act, and I saw all that he installed. So now, it did something to my .NET and it messed up. I ran SUPERAntispyware (without the updates, i can't connect) and removed every infection it found from my computer, including "newdotnet". Now, im on a new linksys wireless router, and it connects to the router, and the green bars levitate around "Good" and "Excellent" but the caption beside it says "Limited or No Connection." My brother's computer (the one i am on now) can connect still. I also repaired my .NET Framework... The thing is, it won't let me renew my IP address:eek: :mad: What can I do? Hijackthis cannot be run on that computer, because I don't have it there.

Ignore the system specs, they are of another computer.:eek:

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF MANY THinGS, HELP ME.:(

2. Spyker

Spyker

<start
    <run-type CMD
    <in the black box type ipconfig/release
    <when thats done type ipconfig/renew

if theres a error tell us what it says

3. Adrenalineflash

Yeah I tried that way way way before I posted this. But if you require a message-

Windows IP Configuration

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while its media disconnected.
    An error has occured while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection : An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.

4. Spyker

Spyker

ok go in to network connections and disable all the lan connections but the one you are using.

i assume that you are on wireless. is that correct?

5. Spyker

Spyker

after that uninstall and reinstall the wireless card drivers.

6. Adrenalineflash

Umm, yes i use wireless, but on ethernet lan at a friend's house it is messed up too...

It connects fine but it says "limited or no connectivity" even when it says its connected at full capacity. Both lan and wireless are destroyed. So I use internet on my other computers. So, how may I reinstall the drivers?

7. nick0219

nick0219

hmm. there should be a small reset button on the router. the best way to renew your ip is address is to reset the connection by sticking a pencil in it for a min or so... you could also try to access the main options inside your router. u need to reset it by typing in your ip add. in Internet Explorer. it will ask you for a LOGIN. type the username and password of the account you set up and tell me from there. to reinstall drivers simply go inside the hardware profiles and backroll the network drivers.

8. Adrenalineflash

Okay, I know how to reset my router and modem, but the thing is, my computer sees it as a non-connection, evben though it is connected. Plus, where are the hardware profiles?

9. nick0219

nick0219

non-connections meaning that it has an X with the two computer icons in the taskbar. And to access device manager...

1. Click Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc.

then

1. Right-click the device(network card or wireless card) for which the previous version of the driver is desired and then click Properties.

2. Click the Drivers tab.

3. Click Roll Back Driver.

10. Adrenalineflash

Er, actually, it means that there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on it. it connects but insists it is "Limited or No Connectivity"..

When I try what you told me, i'll update you with a post. *anxious*:p

11. Adrenalineflash

"No Driver Files Hve been backed up for this device." :mad:

I ran a non updated Avast! and removed adware and a trojan, but no li\uck either. If you require a HiJackThis log i can try to help you with that.

EDIT: I also uninstalled and installed my wireless adapter and it wont work. It connects but says "limited or no connectivity" even if the bars are all the way up.

12. Adrenalineflash

Ok here it is (Not in Safe Mode)

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 8:19:34 PM, on 2/17/2007
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
    C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ePower\ePower_DMC.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\LAUNCH~1\LManager.exe
    C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\eRAgent.exe
    C:\Program Files\Philips\Philips Device Manager\Bin\DeviceManager.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
    C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\Acer.Empowering.Framework.Launcher.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Uses\Desktop\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ca.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp/defaults/sp/*http://ca.yahoo.com
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://en.ca.acer.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://en.ca.acer.yahoo.com
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://en.ca.acer.yahoo.com
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://ca.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp/defaults/su/*http://ca.yahoo.com
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://en.ca.acer.yahoo.com/
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - c:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4A2AACF3-ADF6-11D5-98A9-00E018981B9E} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {C1B4DEC2-2623-438e-9CA2-C9043AB28508} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AzMixerSel] C:\Program Files\Realtek\InstallShield\AzMixerSel.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntiMUI] C:\Program Files\NewTech Infosystems\NTI CD & DVD-Maker 7\ntiMUI.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acer ePresentation HPD] C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ePresentation\ePresentation.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyTel] SkyTel.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ePower_DMC] C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ePower\ePower_DMC.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Boot] C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ePower\Boot.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LManager] C:\PROGRA~1\LAUNCH~1\LManager.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLIStart.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eRecoveryService] C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\eRAgent.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WarReg_PopUp] C:\Acer\WR_PopUp\WarReg_PopUp.exe /idle
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PhilipsDM] "C:\Program Files\Philips\Philips Device Manager\Bin\DeviceManager.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [track monitor] C:\Program Files\MSN Track Monitor\msntrack.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Acer Empowering Technology.lnk = C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\Acer.Empowering.Framework.Launcher.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\program files\newdotnet\newdotnet3_88.dll' missing
    O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {CD995117-98E5-4169-9920-6C12D4C0B548} (HGPlugin9USA Class) - http://gamedownload.ijjimax.com/gamedownload/dist/hgstart/HGPlugin9USA.cab
    O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
    O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
    O23 - Service: Memory Check Service (AcerMemUsageCheckService) - Acer Inc. - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ePerformance\MemCheck.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
    O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
    O23 - Service: COM+ Messages - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchosts.exe" -e te-110-12-0000245 (file missing)
    O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!