Stupid Desktop bar won't go away

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Really need more information about it but I would start with running spybot or adaware.

When did you first notice it?

Did you visit a web site or download something?

If it just appeared I would also run antivirus ;)

Thats interesting, it looks like the thing that would come out in Internet Explorer but its not running. Like the other guy said, might be spyware.

Brainy_man

No spyware my scan came back and I deleted all of them but it is still there.

When the bar came up I was trying to set up my TV tuner to put the picture on my desktop so I was in Display.

Miz

Download and run the reg fix on this Doug Knox page.

The scripts there are safe, I've used several of them.

Download the file, follow the instructions on that page and after the reboot, the "Common Tasks" should be gone.

Originally posted by Brainy_man:
When the bar came up I was trying to set up my TV tuner to put the picture on my desktop so I was in Display.
Have you checked under the options menu for the tuner? Should be something there to turn it off. They also "might" have hidden it under Start>Settings of the Windows menu.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online