1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stupid error message

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by XSkylerX, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XSkylerX

XSkylerX Thread Starter

i just replaced a motherboard, asus a7n266, and i got everything to work fine. I took out the hard drive, put it into another computer and i couldnt access the files i wanted so i put the hard drive back into the asus computer. now every time i start the computer, a message from the bios comes up and says "the system intruded, chassis opened or tempered before. please check the system." no matter what i do this message comes up and i cant get into windows. help please!!! :confused:

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Access BIOS and look under the SECURITY tab. You should be able to reset the intrusion switch, disable it, or do whatever you want with chassis intrusion.

3. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

:) On the mobo there is probably a set of pins, located just above the 20 pin power connector, that is labeled IR. It has a jumper over the last two pins. Remove this jumper and clean the pins then reinstall the jumper. Restart the computer. It might take two or three times for it to eventually clear the error. If you still have problems, replace the jumper with one that provides a good connection. This seems to be a common problem with some asus boards. In fact, a poster on another forum stated that he eventually had to solder the pins together to correct the problem.:D

Good luck.

Kilowatt

4. XSkylerX

XSkylerX Thread Starter

WORKED! YESSSS thank you kilowatt1!

5. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

(y) Glad it worked for you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice