Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

stupid folder keeps popping up

938 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  eddie5659 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have this folder that keeps reappearing in IE6 's bookmarks. It seems it's a folder that already exsisted called Links. I don't use it and would like to remove it from my bookmarks.
When I delete to recycle bin, the folder reappears in my bookmarks. I have even tried using the folder and just renaming it, but a new "Links" folder appears. Please help, it's driving a little crazy
thanks.:confused:

#2 ·
Links is a Toolbar View option and those bookmarks that you place in the Links folder will appear on the Links Toolbar if you choose to view it. It can be quite helpful for those sites that you don't want to use the Favorites Menu to select as they appear on the top of your brower window and all you have to do is select the one of your choice.

Make sense?

G
#3 ·
It's a system folder that is required. I don't know of any way to delete it - maybe someone else does.

However, I "hid" it by moving it to another folder so it is a sub-folder and does not show on the main list. (Also did that with software updates)

#5 ·
Hiya

If you rightclick on the links folder, choose Properties, then click Hidden. Apply and OK.

Close down all IE windows, then retry. Does that stay hidden? Not certain if it will on a reboot, as I have loads of windows open at the moment :p

Regards

eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.