Stupid popup!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DIPESH14

Hi, i was after a little help (again). I keep getting this stupid popup on my computer and have no idea of whats causing it. Any ideas of how to get rid of it, its really starting to bug me. They're different messages sometimes but link to the same website. Cheers guys. (I have uploaded a screenshot of the popup)

Attachments

jd_957

Banned
those are coming through the messenger service. to turn it off. goto START, CONTROL PANEL, ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS, ADD/REMOVE WINDOW COMPONENTS. uncheck the block for msn messenger. then close. that should clear those up for you.

SpywareBlaster http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
AdAware SE http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html
SpyBot S&D 1.3 http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

DL them (they are free), install them, check each for their
definition updates
and then run AdAware and Spybot, fixing anything
they say.

In SpywareBlaster - Always enable all protection after updates
SpyBot - After an update run immunize

Do these and reboot before the next step.

Then get HiJack This http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html, put
it in a permanent folder (C:\HJT) , run it , DO NOT fix anything, post the
log here.

DIPESH14

theres no msn messenger option on there, theres an msn explorer, shall i uncheck that?
Thnx for ur help.

DIPESH14

Hi MFDnSC, ive got adaware and spybot, ive run them and it still keeps coming up. Heres the log from HijackThis

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 20:32:10, on 04/02/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DPWinLct.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpHost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DPFUSMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DPAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
\?\C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM\WMIADAP.EXE
C:\Program Files\Virus\hijackthis.exe

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DPAgnt] C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DPAgnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open Link Target in Firefox - file://C:\Documents and Settings\Dipz\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\qq5fr76y.default\extensions\{5D558C43-550F-4b12-84AB-0D8ABDA9F975}\firefoxviewlink.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: View This Page in Firefox - file://C:\Documents and Settings\Dipz\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\qq5fr76y.default\extensions\{5D558C43-550F-4b12-84AB-0D8ABDA9F975}\firefoxviewpage.html
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{81FBAA84-A03C-48B3-9429-42C8DA88BF5B}: NameServer = 195.92.195.95 195.92.195.94
O18 - Protocol: cetihpz - {CF184AD3-CDCB-4168-A3F7-8E447D129300} - C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\comp\hpuiprot.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Windows XP FUS Manager - DigitalPersona, Inc. - C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DPFUSMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Biometric Authentication Service - DigitalPersona, Inc. - C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpHost.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe

Thnks for taking the time to look at this.

jd_957

Banned
:( SORRY....i was wrong. go through what i posted earlier. but this time look for windows messenger....then if you have that, uncheck that block.

"Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware beta"

Hey, try this AntiSpyware program that i came accross at download.com. Personally it is the best one ive ever used and catches stuff even right as you install new programs and gives you the option to compleatly remove all infected files. And incase your worryed it might remove something important it has an option to set up a "System Restore Point" before it remove the files.

Here the link............
http://www.download.com/Microsoft-Windows-AntiSpyware/3000-8022_4-10353596.html?tag=lst-0-10

DIPESH14

jd 957 I dont have windows messenger either. I have:
Accessories & Utilities
Fax Servicing
Indexing Service
Internet Explorer
Management & Monitoring Tools
MSN Explorer
Networking Services
Update Root Services

And thats all i got. Wierd. Any ideas?

DIPESH14

Hi MFDnSC (what does that stand for?), ive got a thing about running AVG, it really messes up my system when i run it, im gonna try out the new Microsoft AntiSpyware even tho i hate them, it looks pretty good.

You are asking for trouble if you don't have a resident AV running, MS' product is not an AV

me in S.C.

DIPESH14

i ran AVG and it just pops up every 2 minutes with another virus alert, even after i ran and cleaned everything. And it wont let me connect to the internet or open any programs, it just takes over.

DIPESH14

cheers mate ill give that a go and let you know how i get on. I appreciate your time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online