1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Stupid) questions about bandwidth

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Shelob, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shelob

Shelob Thread Starter

Hello there,

I'd like to know if images use more bandwidth for each time the page is refreshed / reloaded?

For example, if I have a logo that's 30kb in size and is on every page of my website will the bandwidth for that particular image be just 30kb regardless of how many pages its viewed on, or 30kb x the amount of times it's viewed (by one person during one visit)?

Thanks!

2. dr20

dr20

If I'm not mistaken the way it works is if the visitor hasn't emptied their temporary internet folder then as long as the image on the page hasn't been updated or changed they're not going to keep downloading it. So if it's on every page most likely they'll just be using bandwith for that particular image only once.

3. Shelob

Shelob Thread Starter

Thanks very much dr20, that's good to hear :)

4. dr20

dr20

You're welcome, good luck with your website.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!