1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

stupid viruses

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by blackecho, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blackecho

blackecho Thread Starter

over the past week I've recieved eight emails with attachments that contain viruses. is this normal, or do you all think I've pissed someone off? they're all from different addresses and most of them are variants of the NetSky virus. i'm using outlook express with mailpenguin (www.mailpenguin.com) as my mail imap server. any ideas?

2. jameso321

jameso321

The last few months have yielded more E-mail virus activity than the whole last year, according to Symantec.

Virus like Netsky have something like 20 versions now only in a short time.

I suspect that this will get worse and worse, given the last few months.

jameso321

3. wausau99

wausau99

Most likely, someone you know that has your e-mail address in their address book is infected with this virus. I have been seeing the same problem, still trying to track down the culprit.

4. mobo

mobo

Most are random addresses so continue to scan all incoming traffic and make sure to disable quick view..

5. blackecho

blackecho Thread Starter

damnit, three more this morning. they are increasing like no tomorrow. i've got norton sys works 2003 and it will block viruses in emails, but it is a memory hogging little biotch. can you all think of a lesser (free and small) mail scanner because this is ridiculous. thanks!

6. etowens

etowens

Look at AVG

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice