Stuttering Audio

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gnrlies

Hi, im having a problem with my audio...

After every 30 seconds or so, the audio will cut out for like a split second and then continue playing, like a kind of stutter.

This is what diagnosis I have done so far:

-It does it using all types of media players (Winamp, Media Player etc)
-It does it playing all types of audio (Midi, Mp3, etc)
-When i restart my computer, it will fix itself up and WONT stutter, but this only lasts for a period of time, say 30 mins before the problem comes back (i dont know the method behind it)
-It is not a hardware / soundcard issue as I have tried multiple soundcards and speakers.
- Ive run Mcafee's stinger (latest release)

Any suggestions?

Could it be a virus of some variety?

That sounds like one of the things my computer is doing...does your computer also freeze for a second while doing the skips? Have you gotten any errors while restarting?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts