1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuttering/Buzzing YouTube Video Playback

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CamiKitti, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CamiKitti

CamiKitti Thread Starter

This has been happening for a few months now. The buzzing/stuttering varies and it's quite annoying. It only happens when I watch YouTube videos or just videos in general. I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem or just a driver problem. I have a similar problem as these people: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19412524.aspx except that my computer model isn't a Dell. My main browser if Google Chrome if that helps.

I ran DPC Latency Checker and this came up:
    Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop-outs in real-time audio and/or video streams. To isolate the misbehaving driver use Device Manager and disable/re-enable various devices, one at a time. Try network and W-LAN adapters, modems, internal sound devices, USB host controllers, etc.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 7854 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -296 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 294674 MB, Free - 186225 MB;
    Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO, N/A, N/A
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

C K :
    Is this the same computer about which you wondered whether or not to update?

Online? Streaming media? DVDs?

When did you most recently update your chipset, graphics & audio drivers? Which source / sources; Sony, Intel, 3rd party [ Leshcat, for example, which I have not used; learned about Leshcat within the past 45 days for graphics drivers ]?

Do you connect online via wi fi or ethernet? If wi fi, try ethernet?

What is your wi fi connection speed?
    control panel > network & sharing
    Left click "local area connection" or something referencing your wi fi.

RF123

3. CamiKitti

CamiKitti Thread Starter

Mainly online media. When I play videos in iTunes, Quicktime, or VLC player, it seems to be fine.
    I updated to what the VAIO website needed to update for the HD Graphics Driver. It was a few months ago.
    Intel HD Graphics Driver: 8.15.10.2555
    Intel Display Audio: 6.14.0.3074
    Realtek HD Audio: 6.0.1.6662

This laptop connects via WiFi.
    Internet speed: 65.0 Mbps

Also, any reason why Stereo Mix isn't showing up? Did they disable it for Windows 7? It worked on my XP machine.

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

C K :
    Is this a YouTube issue?

How about other sites that use flash player [ AFP ]?

Which version of IE?

Which version of AFP?

Try IE with no add ons. You will probably be prompted that IE needs add on XYZ123. Enable it & test.
    Steps for IE 9 work for IE8
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-to-manage-add-ons-in-Internet-Explorer-9

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-to-use-Accelerators-in-Internet-Explorer-9

If the problem is AFP , please see:
    http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html

What happens if you connect using ethernet?

How about W7 in safe mode with networking?

Edit
    You will probably need to use ethernet. Some wi fi drivers will not load during safe mode. I am unaware of any wi fi drivers loading during safe mode, but I haven't tested many wi fi drivers under such circumstances.

end edit

RF123

5. CamiKitti

CamiKitti Thread Starter

6. rainforest123

rainforest123

Do you refer to the rectangle with white square, upper left, white back ground red colored "X"?

That is all I see. Attached is a screenshot.

RF123

Attached Files:

7. CamiKitti

CamiKitti Thread Starter

8. rainforest123

rainforest123

C K :
    OK. DUH. The light has come on. :)

I was on my W7 desktop, running IE9 with no add ons [ to troubleshoot a problem I've encountered. :)
    Sorry for the false alarm.

When was your computer manufactured?
    The video, presumably your video of the YouTube video,appears now. But I understand your problem.
    It plays using AFP.

I refer you to troubleshooting possibilities in #4, above.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...ussianregionbeginsrecoveryfrommeteorfall.html

If the problem occurs outside of youtube, personally, I would:
    1. Check with ethernet instead of wi fi.

2. clean IE's cache
    internet options > general tab > delete [ history, temp internet, cookies ]. Deleting cookies might require you to log in again.

I use ATF Cleaner, 32 bit. I don't know if www.atribune.org has a 64 bit version. I've read about using Crap Cleaner. Do NOT edit the registry at this point.

Have you edited [ cleaned ] the registry during the past 12 months; if so, how & when most recently?

3. Reboot
    Test, using the video you provided seems rational since we have a baseline.
    If the problem persists Open IE > tools > manage addons
    Create a system restore point
    Take notes
    Disable something.
    Test
    Close IE,
    Open IE test
    reboot
    Open IE test

Repeat until the problem does not exist. We will know by process of elimination the item or items causing the problem.

Pure speculations: It may be that your version of AFP needs a different wi fi driver or chipset driver or audio driver or video driver.

edit
    I do not use GC, so I suggest that as a test, you try IE8 or 9, which ever you have installed

End Edit

RF123

9. rainforest123

rainforest123

C K :
    Another difference is that at least 1 person at the Dell Community Forum thread you provided noted a problem when off line, as well.

Being methodical is your best hope, I think for finding the culprit & fixing the problem.

1 of the Dell Forum persons mentioned uninstalling Dell Support Center
    A more methodical scenario would be to use W7's System Config utility & clean boot troubleshooting
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

RF123

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice