Stuttering Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

greatalbu

Hello, my dvd players stutter on my computer like those old reel to reel films in school.
Sound stutters, image is fine. I have windows media player, hp dvd player and quick time player programs. They all stutter to some degree when I run a dvd on my cd/dvd drive.
When I play music from my library in windows media player everything is fine.
Whats up?

If the DVD drive is on the primary IDE, this may be the problem:

If you open the Device Manager (run devmgmt.msc) and select the entry for IDE ATA/Atapi and select the Primary IDE > Advanced Settings, does it say the "current transfer mode" is DMA or PIO?

If it says PIO, first ensure "Use DMA if Available” is selected, then select the driver tab and uninstall the driver and reboot. Then check again.

Check the Secondary as well for this.

>> Also, when did this problem begin? Has it ever worked properly?

>> you should also check to see whether you have a compatible DVD codec installed. You can use this utility to do so:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ac-0ab6-4990-943d-627e6ade9fcb&displaylang=en

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts