1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuttering every 1 second

Discussion in 'Games' started by weaselciuy, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weaselciuy

weaselciuy Thread Starter

Hello,

Ok, so i installed Dragon Age: Origins, got the latest drivers and all that. Game runs fine at around 60 fps with only 1 weird problem...
    Every second of gameplay has a small freeze of 0.2 sec ... so imagine what i`m getting here. All i can find about this kind of stuttering si that it happenes on SLI/X-Fire configurations but i run a single 4850 from HIS.

Tried drivers from 9.6 to 9.11 beta drivers.
    PC:

Athlon II x2 240 3.2Ghz
    His iceq4 4850 512mb
    4x1gb Corsair
    M2N-e mobo

Anything to help out will do. PC is very cool, nothing overheating.
    All latest drivers and even tried old ones.
    FPS does NOT drop to 0 or 1 or whatever when that small freeze happenes, but it does drop fast from lets say 56 to 55, all i`m seeing actually is the fps returning to normal to 56. This is an example. Btw when that freeze happenes the gameplay, actions etc continue to happen, Lets if i was about to give final blow to a monster and that micro stutter happenes, when its finished the creep is dead. So its not an engine freeze or anything else.

also tried different sound drivers, still no succes.

In the end i did a clean install of Windows7 x64, latest ati and mobo drivers and then i installed Dragon Age and the same thing happenes.

original post on Bioware forums HERE

help...

2. shihni

shihni

That's odd. The only stuttering I've noticed is from (I assume) the frame rate dropping due to lots of open programs. I close them down, and it goes away.

Maybe try these drivers if they're compatible with your card?
    Driver Packaging Version 8.661-090923a1-083743C-ATI
    Catalyst™ Version 09.10

Those work for me with an ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB card and a much older system than yours. Also Win7 64 (home premium).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/875228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice