1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuttering Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by xCadx, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xCadx

xCadx Thread Starter

I have recently encountered the same problem on my computer as of yesterday. Playing ESO i used to play on high settings no problems, now am on medium and it stuttering with my fps still at 80-100.

Was playing yesterday my keyboard starting being glitchy, restarted computer and keystrokes would not read but other things like caps lock would. I restored to factory settings using on screen keyboard, then when windows reloaded I could not even put keystrokes in to enter my computer name for setup. Magically it worked out of the blue out of many restarts etc. I have now reset to factory settings, cleared ram, disabled fw, ran superantispyware and clear, nothing running in background, drivers are up to date.

No idea what is going on, any help would be awesome. Seems the stutter gets worse the longer i play.

alienware x51
    bios date:07/30/13 ver:04.06.05
    processor: intel-core i7-4770 [email protected]
    memory 8g
    geforce 670 gtx

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Sounds like a hardware or heat related issue. My first thought would be the power supply.

You should be able to check the voltages in the BIOS (unless Dell locked that page).

3. Percival93

Percival93

If it is a GPU problem I think the framerate would drop. It shouldn't be because your video card is good. Does the fps remain constant or jump around? Could be a CPU bottleneck which can happen often in MMOs, even when you have a good set up. With your CPU though I don't know if it would be that...
    A few more questions: Was ESO updated recently? Also is the computer getting really hot? How do other games run? are they fine?

4. wwefastlane2015

wwefastlane2015

i have also the same problem thanks for the advice..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice