1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Subform

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tomlock2, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomlock2

tomlock2 Thread Starter

I am using Windows 7 and MSAccess 2010. I have a form with 2 subforms on it. These subforms are linked to a control on the main form. One of the subforms works fine -- as it did with previous version of Windows and MSAccess. The other brings up the correct record when the control on the main form is changed however the subform doesn't display all of the data that is is supposed -- including even some labels. If I click in various places on the subform it displays parts of the fields/labels it's supposed but only partially.

I am confused to say the least.

Please help.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Does the underlying query for this sub form function correctly and display the correct info? Is there a correct master/child relationship between the main form and the sub form?

3. tomlock2

tomlock2 Thread Starter

The links are correct. When I can see part of the subform display (which partially comes into view when I click on it in various places on the subform where the fields should be displayed) I can verify that it is the correct data.

Interestingly someone has been using this database and this form within it for years using Windows XP and (I think MSACESS 2003) without a problem. When they run it there is no such problem.

4. OBP

OBP

Does the subform display the data when you open it as a stand alone form?
    You may have to rebuild the form if it is corrupted.
    Can you show a Screen shot of the subform?

5. tomlock2

tomlock2 Thread Starter

The subform displays perfectly when opened as a stand alone form.
    I could show a sceen shot of the form however I'm I don't know how to transmit it to the forum.

6. tomlock2

tomlock2 Thread Starter

The subform opens perfectly as a stand alone form. How could I send a screen shot of the form to you? I did a proint screen but I guess its too laarge to upload to this forum.

7. OBP

OBP

Have you tried deleting the Subform and adding back on the mainform using the Subform wizard?

8. tomlock2

tomlock2 Thread Starter

yes. i have tried that and get the same result. However today I did find out something that may give us a clue.

When I click the control box that is linked to the subform and bring up new records to display in the subform the subform displays the correct record but parts of the display are missing. If I try to keep bringing up different records on the subform by changing the linked control and do this several times (2-15 times it seems) eventually the subform starts displaying all of itself and sstays that waay the rest of the session.

9. Rockn

Rockn

I am thinking you may have a display or system resources issue and not an Access issue. Have you tried this database on another computer?

10. tomlock2

tomlock2 Thread Starter

Yes I tried running it on a Windows XP and earlier version of Office and it works fine. Also tried running it on a different PC with Office 2010 and Windows 7.0 and it has the SAME problem.

I re-created the subform and the problems re-appears. I may have to try to recreate the main form (that will be VERY tough) and see if it occurs still.

11. tomlock2

tomlock2 Thread Starter

Although the subform (called Appointment Embedded Form(AEF)) worked fine and displayed all of the data as it should have when opened as a form outside of the main form, it didn't do so as a subform on my main form. To fix the problem I recreated the AEF entirely from scratch and inserted it into my main form.

There clearly is a bug in MSACCESS 2010 that caused this problem as there never was any problems with this in previous versions of ACCESS.

Thanks to all for the advice!!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice