1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Submit Button Problems

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Fatty_McGavins, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fatty_McGavins

Fatty_McGavins Thread Starter

Hello, I am new to JavaScript. I am trying to follow this tutorial I am reading, but I have ran into problems. I am creating the following website which makes a very simple feedback site. The problem is I have to add a JavaScript handler that that displays the the input information in a new window when the submit button is clicked. I know that I need to use the document.writeln method to write out the response page, but I don't know how to assign the values from the form field to the variables I listed in the function. I tried to post it but it made the page (lol) so I attached the notepad file I am working with. Help? Thanks!

Fatty

Let me do some more work on it first. I will post the attachment soon.

2. Fatty_McGavins

Ok, sorry! I wanted to get as much done as I could before I asked for helpl. Please forgive the sloppy coding. I am an noob. Thanks for all your help.

Attached Files:

3. Fatty_McGavins

Here is another one I have been working on.

Attached Files:

4. juryu

juryu

I don't know if it's just me, but feedback.txt looks like only half a file... Try to upload again!

As for taxform, in lines 17 and 18 you need to use parseFloat to the value of the text before setting it to the variables, otherwise they will be strings and you can't make calculations with them. Also there is a misspelling of intTotalTax in line 20, and on lines 20 and 22, to set values to the text objects in the form, you need to use txtTotalTax.value=intTotalTax instead of txtTotalTax=intTotalTax. Other than that, it works :)

5. Fatty_McGavins

Well, that is all of the file. Am I a long way from being finished? Thanks so much for all your help, you are so great ;)

Fatty

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice