1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Subreport location in a report

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by aattas, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aattas

aattas Thread Starter

Guys,

Im working on MS ACCESS 2010 and I have created a report to print it in three pages. The first page is just the title and its works nicely. But in second and third page I have a sub report in each and when I print the report the second and third page subreport seemed to move up and down depends on the data you put in. for example: if there are five items entered in the report the subreport goes down to the bottom of the page, but if the data entered only two for example, the subreport pushed up to the middle of the page. I tried the CAN SHRINK AND CAN GROW on all but it no dice. How can I make the subreport to stay in one place at all times ( there is a signature field in the subreport).

Thanks for all the help

2. OBP

OBP

How about placing the subreport in the page footer and make the page footer bigger but fixed.

3. aattas

aattas Thread Starter

Thanks for the speedy response, but I tried that before and the footer appeared in the page 1 , I only needed it on other pages 2,3,4....

Appreciate your help

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Are you putting it in the layout/properties page?

5. aattas

aattas Thread Starter

hi dave,

im sorry but could you explain more. im not that expert

thanks

6. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Nor am I.
    In Word you specify headers and footers in the print properties page so that you get them whenever a new page is needed. I am assuming that any document produced from Access will be the same.

7. OBP

OBP

Dave, Access doesn't actually have much in common with Word, however from 2007 on they have added more options to the Report section, but in the 2007 layout version you do not even get the page header & footer, only the Design view shows them.

aatlas, I know this is a bit archaic and frustrating but you should be able to just move the top of the Sub report down the Detail Section to force a gap between the details and the subform, but it will still move around a bit depending on the number of records. You can also set the subrom's position using the "Top" property.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145920

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice