1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

subscribe to a thread(HOW)?

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by cvb, Apr 7, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. cvb

cvb Thread Starter

Knew how to do it at the old site ,but im lost now Thanks

2. hewee

hewee

Click on the thread tool and your get a drop down to pick from.

I have it set up so i NO NOT SUBSCRIBE in my profile and I am getting subscribed to every thread I post in.

Driving me crazy :eek: :mad: :eek:

3. plschwartz

plschwartz

Same problem as Hewee
    My e-mail is getting inundated. I seem to be subscribed to over three hundred threads.
    How can I turn off the bubble machine and unsubscribe to all or most of these threads??
    Do I need a black goat?

4. chalky

chalky

This takes awhile but I've been going to mu User CP...View all subscribed threads...under notification on the right...check the box for each thread...at the bottom of the page on the right there is an option as to what you want done with the thread...send to...ie: no notification...daily...weekly etc...

This way I still stay subscribed to whatever thread I'm following ( don't miss nothing ) :p and can keep up with it in my User CP-just don't keep getting all those mails.... :)

5. chalky

chalky

Under thread tools....if you are already subscribed it will say so...that's what confused me...had to have it pointed out to me o check it out in one I hadn't subscribed to... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

6. hewee

hewee

Hope you get things cleared up.

Mike did fix a bug where there was trouble is using the " QuickReply box " and " Go Advanced " Button to post because it was giving you a subscription to the thread you posted in even if you had it in your profile to not get them.

See this page.
    http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=217716&page=2&pp=15

7. hewee

hewee

You can subscribed to whatever thread to any thread you want and do it with getting any emails too. Any new post will show up in your profile.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice