1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Subtle Message !

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Rhettman5.1, Jan 22, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1 Thread Starter

Did you ever get one of those friendly E-Mails (usually from a friend or family member) telling you how wonderful life will be if you just send the E-Mail on to 10 more People ? AND of course, great tragedy will befall you if you don't !

Next time this happens, send them HERE and tell them you made a web-page just for them to express your gratitude...oughta work !!...:D ..Rhett

2. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    LOL Rhett! I love it!:D

3. RT

RT

LOL!

Of course you could cut straight to the chase and just forward that website on to 10 people;)

4. Rhettman5.1

I was to tie Muder into that URL somehow, but I couldn't think of a way to do it and keep my account !! ;)

5. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

Funny Rhett. That same person came to mind for me as well;)

6. hewee

hewee

You got me rhett. :p

7. AnyKey

AnyKey

Oh Rhett!! After the night I had....that is so perfect!!! I wish I could have a tee-shirt that kind of did that...singing and all. Thank-you!!!!!

8. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

LMAO Rhett!!! If I was only mean enough then I'd be sending that out to a few select "idiot's" :p :D

9. $teve

$teve

excellent rett............i got one of those e-mails yesterday...pity i wasnt today................:D this sites in my favourites now for next time.......which wont be far away:D

10. steamwiz

steamwiz

Very good Rhettman

I have one or two people on my "send " list who fit this perfectly - watch your mail :D

steam

11. GreenIs

GreenIs

Good idea Rhett!

Now I must say we have had this link before and funny enough Mulders name was brought up for that too.;) :D :eek:

12. Rhettman5.1

Someone posted a link in random I missed !! I knew 16 hrs a day here wasn't enough :( ...Guess I will have to hire more screeners at "The Mill"... Rhett ;)

13. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Great site.

I will ge a lot of use out of this!

Thanks

14. littlemar

littlemar

Okay I'm thinking that your message will get a better result then this one that I send to my users when I received questions. Guess my users really don't read anything from me but then why would they when these "other emails" are sooooo much more interesting.

***Without researching the factual claims made in a forwarded email there's no 100% sure way to tell it if it's a hoax, but here you'll find common signs to watch for...

Here's How:
    Note whether the text was actually written by the person who sent it to you. If not, be skeptical.

Look for the telltale phrase, 'Forward this to everyone you know.'

Look for statements like 'This is not a hoax' or 'This is not an urban legend.' They usually mean the opposite of what they say.

Look for overly emphatic language, the frequent use of UPPERCASE LETTERS and multiple exclamation points!!!!!!!

If the message seems geared more to persuade than to inform, be suspicious. Hoaxers are out to push emotional buttons.

If the message purports to give you extremely important information that you've never heard of before or seen elsewhere in legitimate sources, be suspicious.

Read carefully and think critically about what the message says, looking for logical inconsistencies, violations of common sense and obviously false claims.

Look for subtle or not-so-subtle jokes, indications that the author is pulling your leg.

Check for references to outside sources. Hoaxes will not typically name any, nor link to Websites with corroborating information.

Check to see if the message has been debunked by Websites that cover Internet hoaxes.

Tips:
    Virtually any chain email you receive (i.e., any message forwarded multiple times) is more likely to be false than true. Be skeptical.

Hoaxers usually try every means available to make their lies believable -- e.g., mimicking a journalistic style, attributing the text to a 'legitimate' source, etc.

Be especially wary of health-related rumors. Most importantly, never act on such rumors without first verifying their accuracy with your doctor or other reliable source. ***

Mary

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114786

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice