Subtle Message !

Rhettman5.1

Did you ever get one of those friendly E-Mails (usually from a friend or family member) telling you how wonderful life will be if you just send the E-Mail on to 10 more People ? AND of course, great tragedy will befall you if you don't !

Next time this happens, send them HERE and tell them you made a web-page just for them to express your gratitude...oughta work !!...:D ..Rhett

RT

LOL!

Of course you could cut straight to the chase and just forward that website on to 10 people;)

Rhettman5.1

I was to tie Muder into that URL somehow, but I couldn't think of a way to do it and keep my account !! ;)

eggplant43

A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten
Funny Rhett. That same person came to mind for me as well;)

Oh Rhett!! After the night I had....that is so perfect!!! I wish I could have a tee-shirt that kind of did that...singing and all. Thank-you!!!!!

LMAO Rhett!!! If I was only mean enough then I'd be sending that out to a few select "idiot's" :p :D

excellent rett............i got one of those e-mails yesterday...pity i wasnt today................:D this sites in my favourites now for next time.......which wont be far away:D

Very good Rhettman

I have one or two people on my "send " list who fit this perfectly - watch your mail :D

steam

Good idea Rhett!

Now I must say we have had this link before and funny enough Mulders name was brought up for that too.;) :D :eek:

Rhettman5.1

Someone posted a link in random I missed !! I knew 16 hrs a day here wasn't enough :( ...Guess I will have to hire more screeners at "The Mill"... Rhett ;)

Okay I'm thinking that your message will get a better result then this one that I send to my users when I received questions. Guess my users really don't read anything from me but then why would they when these "other emails" are sooooo much more interesting.

***Without researching the factual claims made in a forwarded email there's no 100% sure way to tell it if it's a hoax, but here you'll find common signs to watch for...

Here's How:
Note whether the text was actually written by the person who sent it to you. If not, be skeptical.

Look for the telltale phrase, 'Forward this to everyone you know.'

Look for statements like 'This is not a hoax' or 'This is not an urban legend.' They usually mean the opposite of what they say.

Look for overly emphatic language, the frequent use of UPPERCASE LETTERS and multiple exclamation points!!!!!!!

If the message seems geared more to persuade than to inform, be suspicious. Hoaxers are out to push emotional buttons.

If the message purports to give you extremely important information that you've never heard of before or seen elsewhere in legitimate sources, be suspicious.

Read carefully and think critically about what the message says, looking for logical inconsistencies, violations of common sense and obviously false claims.

Look for subtle or not-so-subtle jokes, indications that the author is pulling your leg.

Check for references to outside sources. Hoaxes will not typically name any, nor link to Websites with corroborating information.

Check to see if the message has been debunked by Websites that cover Internet hoaxes.

Tips:
Virtually any chain email you receive (i.e., any message forwarded multiple times) is more likely to be false than true. Be skeptical.

Hoaxers usually try every means available to make their lies believable -- e.g., mimicking a journalistic style, attributing the text to a 'legitimate' source, etc.

Be especially wary of health-related rumors. Most importantly, never act on such rumors without first verifying their accuracy with your doctor or other reliable source. ***

Mary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online