1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sudden Computer Failure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rakadisciple, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rakadisciple

rakadisciple Thread Starter

I have a second computer that I have used for a long time with no problems at all. I was srunning vista on it and all was well. One day I was having a problem with my sound and I couldnt hear anything. I shut it down, and when I tried to start it back up all I got was the blinking cursor in the beginning ( not the I beam, but the _ ) Nothing can be done with the computer as of now since I cant even run dos.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

2. rakadisciple

rakadisciple Thread Starter

Its an HP with an Intel Pentium 4 Processor, 1G ram, Running Vista Premium (or maybe Home Edition) Just to give you a little background

3. kaboomst1ck

kaboomst1ck

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Other than the blinking cursor, you see nothing else? If that's the case it could be video card or power supply.

5. kaboomst1ck

kaboomst1ck

yea sorry i was on a friends account when first posting. but yes as you stated all i get is the blinking cursor. what do you suggest i do regarding the power supply or video card?

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Really all you can do is reseat the video card if it's agp or pci, might as well reseat ram and all plugs and cables while you are at it. If that doesn't work try another psu and then another video card is all you can do. It could also be a case of using a "can of air" to blow out any "crud" inside as well.

7. kaboomst1ck

kaboomst1ck

ok ill give those ideas a try then post back with some results thanks again. =)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice