1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sudden, Dramatic Decrease In Download Speed!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by C0aster, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. C0aster

C0aster Thread Starter

Alright, here's how it went:

I was downloading some demo and playing one of my favourite online games when I suddenly lost my connection! Usually, this problem is fixed within a second or two, and I can safely re-connect to my game server, but this didn't happen. I then closed the game, and attempted to quickly fix this problem by using the winsock fix thingy-majigy. And it worked...

THOUGH.

When I opened my IE browser, it took a little longer than usual. Also, when I resumed my download, it was at a speed (roughly) 4 times slower--90kbs/sec instead of 400kbs/sec.

How did this ever manage to happen? I'd appreciate some insight.

Thanks,
    Me.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What site were you downloading from? Does the slow download occur on all sites?

3. C0aster

C0aster Thread Starter

Oh, I was downloading from a certain download client. I found that it wasn't biased to that program by attempting to download something else, which proved to have an exponentially slower speed.

Though, for some strange reason, the download speed has steadily risen 200kbs/sec only recently--minutes ago.

Sorry for inconvenience!

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I suspect this is an ISP issue anyway. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice