Sudden Loss Of Wireless Detection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BurtonPoPo

I’ve recently come across a problem with my wireless internet connection. I’ve never had any problems with the internet or connecting to my wireless router from my laptop, but suddenly the internet stopped working. In the wireless connection finder there’s no wireless connections available. My laptop is less than a year old running on windows xp media center edition.

Thanks!

did you check the hardware switch?

most new laptops have a wireless connection switch on the bottom or the side. Check to make sure it's on.

If that's not the problem, then try using a third-party application to operate the wireless card.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You might also post this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

BurtonPoPo

What exactly would this network switch look like? And its not the router cuz 5 other guys are all on the network without a problem.

The IPCONIG says this..

Host Name: PC139818592325
Primary Dns Suffix:
Mode Type: Unknown
IP Routing Enabled: Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled: Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Media State: Media Disconnected
Description: Intel<R> PRO/100 VE Netwrok Connection
Physical Address: 00-16-D4-39-7D-C0

Ethernet adapter Wireless Connection 6:

Media State: Media disconnected
Description: Intel<R> PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Physical Address: 00-13-02-9E-08-C8

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
"What exactly would this network switch look like?"

What "network" switch? If you mean the wireless radio switch cancon asked about, it partially depends on the brand of laptop. Maybe if you gave that info it would help.

BurtonPoPo

HP Pavilion dv5220us Entertainment Notebook PC... Running on Windows XP Media Center Ed.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Look along the left hand edge of the keyboard on the side of the laptop.

BurtonPoPo

Haha wow... That solved it thanks guys! I tried all kinds of complicated things, and all i had to do was hit a button... Thanks for all your time once again!!

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
You're welcome. Please mark 'solved' using the Thread Tools at the upper right.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online