1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sudden loss of xbox 360 sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lilLB, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilLB

lilLB Thread Starter

Ok here's my setup XBox 360 with a VGA cable connecting to my monitor an adapter from the 2 RCA plugs to a 3.5mm plug that goes into my SoundBlaster Audigy sound card's line in jack. My Creative 5.1 surround sound system is connected to the other jacks on the sound card. Now since I set this up it had worked all great. Today i turn on the Xbox and there's no sound. My PC's sound is still working so its not the speakers or the sound card and i checked the connections. It was just working yesterday and I have no idea why its not working anymore.
    Any insight?

EDIT: Took the sound plug out of the sound card and plugged it into the jack on the monitor (it has built in speakers) and i'm gettin sound still would rather have them going through my 5.1 system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!