1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sudden messed up computer display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angelling31, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angelling31

angelling31 Thread Starter

I hope this is the right place to post this. Anyways, today I was playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 when all of a sudden teh game froze and then there was like light blue flashing over the game, I couldn't do anything, the entire computer froze. I waited a bit then held down the power button of my computer and it restarted.When it was back I went on to a different game, an MMORPG which I was on only just last night and everything was fine but the momnt I got on to the actual game it went like kinda really white with red lines everywhere and once again everything crashed and didn't respond then my monitor went to sleep and wouldn't come back on, so once again I restarted. I then noticed on this second restart that the display was all messed up, there were all these lines all over the place, coloured bars, black lines even a bunch of 'A's randomly dotted around the screen, I restarted and it still had the lines so I switched everything off by the mains then when I started it up I did a system restore. It then worked fine until I made the mistake of thinking that I could go back on to RCT3 again. Got through to the loading of the actual game with no problems then everything messed up again so I just forced it to shut off by holding the button but instead it restarted itself and the display is still completely messed up! I will take a picture in a second and post it, I'm posting from a different computer right now since my one is now trying to repair the startup. Anybody know at all what is going on? Is it because of my drivers or anything? It's a HP computer, I'll go find out which model if needed and it's got Windows Vista 32bit on it. It had been previously restord to factory condition where it messed up a little and now updates can't be installed, will I have to restore to factory condition again? Oh and any other info I need to post?

2. angelling31

3. dai

dai

what are you running
    video card brand and model
    cpu
    m/board
    ram
    power supply
    brand
    model
    wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

is it the same in safe mode

in the device manager uninstall the video card
    reboot tapping f8 and choose low resolution mode
    when windows finishes rebooting
    disable a/virus
    install your drivers
    reboot the computer

4. angelling31

Thanks for the response. RAM is 4000MB, model is HP Pavillion A6442.uk. I tried to find out the rest but the screen was so messed up I could barely read anything on there. When I did go into safe mode yesterday, yes it worked fine but now I'm not sure how ot get back into safe mode.

5. dai

dai

see if you can borrow a 80+ quality 450w or better to try in it

it is pcie the min i run in pcie is 550w yours comes with a 300w

to get into safe mode tap the f8 key to get to the boot options menu with safe on it

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice