1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sudden network connection issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bbgary90, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbgary90

bbgary90 Thread Starter

I've recently built my first computer and I seem to be plagued with just terrible luck. Everything was fine for a short time until the Ethernet port on my motherboard apparently died. Device manager says it works properly but it lost the ability to tell that an Ethernet cable is inserted. After trying to find a fix for days I just ordered a pci network card. It worked great for a couple of days and then one day it just didn't. It started cycling between identifying and unidentified network and connects sometimes. As of writing it only goes out rarely but while it's working it does so dreadfully slow. I've looked for options for days straight with no luck. I'll post my build below. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

o/s: windows 10
    mobo: msi 970 gaming
    cpu: amd fx 8370 black edition
    gpu: evga GeForce gtx 970 ssc 4gb
    ram: 16gb hyper x fury ddr3
    psu: evga supernova nex 750 gold

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1169449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice