1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sudden Problem Needs Quick Resolution

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by rawforce20, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawforce20

rawforce20 Thread Starter

Hello all.

4 days ago, i turned on my computer,booting up windows xp, only to see that My desktop Background Had dissappeared, becoming nothing but the bluish color background used in defaults.

Besides this, I lost the way my icons were arranged in the desktop, and i lost about 12 application icons i had before.

Struggling to see what is going on, i open Firefox to quest for some professional help, but i also lost all internet connection for no reason.

I'm able to use the internet from a laptop i have, and it is what im using to get some help because i've already tried everything.

I used to have a monthly problem of having my explorer.exe become disgustingly Laggy and annoying, so what i did to counter those past situations was perform a system restore to a previous date, always returning my computer to its best state.

Now i've tried the restore 3 times already, cleaned the registry, tried to perform registry tweaks i found online, etc., but nothing seems to solve this.

Here are the List of Problems:

-No background, Can't change it, cant modify it, etc.
    -Icons rearranged in default way. Windows theme looks Old.
    -No internet connection, Can't open control panel to set it up again.
    -Can't open Kaspersky, Can't analyze with it, so i deleted it and installed Mcafee.
    -Can't install or uninstall programs in Control panel, it keeps Crashing.
    -Sometimes icons wont load, so i have to terminate explorer.exe and load it again.
    -Lost all my Firefox Bookmarks which contained information of some current Projects.
    -When i run Mcafee, after about 15 minutes of scan, computer turns itself off.
    -Some Computer Hardware is Unrecognizable (usb ports,mouse)
    - I have a final test for next week and i cant work without my computer's Software.

PLEASE im begging you! ive already tried so many things and nothing had worked! I need a miracle to turn my computer back the way it was!

2. rawforce20

rawforce20 Thread Starter

Really? No one has any clue?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/989576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice