1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sudden Strike 2 will not play

Discussion in 'Games' started by rushki, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rushki

rushki Thread Starter

:)I have found a solution for when Sudden Stike 2 will not play. I loaded Sudden Stike 2 succesfully. However, when I came to play it, only the first splash screen appeared, the one where the building is zappped by a laser. I am using Windows XP. Then it just returned to my Desktop. I found the solution to be look, for the sudtest.ini file within the Sudden Strike folder. Look for Videomode in this file. I changed mine to 3 and Fullscreen to 0. Save the changes. I then changed my screen resolution on my Desktop to 1224 x 768 and chose 16 bit. I then was able to play the game on ful screen with excelent graphices. So if you play around with these 3 settings, you wil eventually get the correct combination. Good luck, it took me 5 days to suss this out, but I did not give up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/807459