1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sudden unexpected reboots

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bilnrobn, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    About once a day my screen suddenly goes black and the computer commences a reboot. I can find no common factor in either what I'm doing at the time or how long the computer has been running; it seems to happen at completely random times. I don't think it is an overheating problem as it has done it, though rarely, soon after the initial boot up. It has never done it twice in a session, even when I've been working for several hours. To my knowledge I don't have any programs that do updates followed by reboots except those that remind me beforehand. I've had the problem for several weeks. Any suggestions please?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 8136 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 199 GB (110 GB Free); D: 248 GB (242 GB Free); E: 15 GB (1 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AF6
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1203763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice