1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suddenly everything is too BIG !!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dennebay, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dennebay

dennebay Thread Starter

I don't know how it happened, maybe it was my cat, but all at once I noticed that everything on the screen is way too large. It doesn't matter which browser I use, all Icons, fonts, windows, everything is oversized. I tried the accessability wizard, didn't help. I don't know if this is a PC problem or a windows problem, I suspect the latter.

The problem is not on this PC I'm on now. It's on my Toshiba laptop. M30X/M35X-S149, Windows XP Home Ed SP2

Thank you for helping

2. new tech guy

new tech guy

right click your desktop, go to properties, then click the settings tab on the dialog box that appears and under screen resolution change the slider to your liking.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like the video drivers aren't properly installed, or perhaps the screen resolution got set incorrectly somehow. Have you tried going to Control Panel, Display, and setting the resolution correctly under the Advanced tab?

4. new tech guy

new tech guy

I dunno if its the drivers because if the drivers are shotty then the screen would be in 256 colors and the person never mentions anything about that.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I don't either, just mentioning all the possibilities. I must have been posting as you were, since I didn't see your response. :D

6. new tech guy

new tech guy

Oh i gotcha :eek: . Once pulled off the ati drivers to install new ones on the lappy here and boy that screen was not pretty till i loaded them again. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!