1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suddenly hanging on Loading screen, HALP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Oyaji, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyaji

Oyaji Thread Starter

So here's the problem

I come home and flip on my PC to find the pc hanging/freezing on the loading screen with the windows logo. I reboot the pc and it brings me a prompt to either start win7 normally, or to startup repair it. However, it also hangs on the loading progress bar for the startup repair.

No matter what I do, I cannot get any iteration of Windows 7 to load. (I have a copy of win7 prox64, but I am on Win7 Home 64 mostly). I popped in the disc to see if it would load, same result. Hangs on the loading screen graphic and DOESN'T start.

I have three HDDs, one of which is using Windows XP Pro, so I don't know if it's a hardware problem. I can't load any iteration of win7 in XP because it tells me it cannot upgrade from the current version. So I can't load any kind of repair tool from there either.

I even swapped out each RAM stick, I have two, to see if it was a memory problem. I swapped out HDDs to see what would happen, nothing.

I don't know what the hell happened. It was giving me no problems before this whatsoever. Ran fine this morning when I woke up, which was like 10 hours before I got home. I get home and all of this stuff happens. I DID blow it out with canned air yesterday (the pc was off, mind you) but it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Granted, the HDD is fairly cluttered, I have about 50gb left on a 500gb hdd, but I hardly see how this would cause a problem at least for when I go in and boot from the win7 DVD.

Halp plz, I have no idea what to do. :( I am on XP and it runs... Well... As fine as xp can run I guess, but I can't even get online with this thang. (Posting from another computer). watdo

I am running Win 7 64 Home edition on
    MSI DKA790GX Platinum mobo with
    AMD Phenom II 3.0ghz quadcore
    4gb Corsair XM2 1066 RAM11
    ATI HD5770 1gb model
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W
    some WD HDD 500gb with two IDE HDDs on the side, only one connected at a time

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!