1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suddenly, I can't view YouTube or any video on my iMac

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by trojan-horsed, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trojan-horsed

trojan-horsed Thread Starter

So I wanted to use the free version of Adobe Photoshop, which required me to download the latest version of Flash. I did.

Now I can't access any videos from YouTube, Hulu, etc.

I get this message from YouTube:
    "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player."

I've uninstalled the Flash player and then reinstalled. Still the same message.

I was able to watch, load videos automatically before. What have I done?

Help!

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

3. Serge_N_Gin

Serge_N_Gin

You haven't told us which browser you're using, although this issue affects several different browsers. Did you use the Flash Player Uninstaller?

There have been some who had success in solving this issue after the installation of Flip4Mac, while for others, the issue persisted. It's worth a try if you don't have it already, that is ....

Some related links:

4. trojan-horsed

Sorry! I'm using OSX version 10.3.9.

Will try these options and post results.

5. trojan-horsed

So I tried all the diagnostic tests (which say that flash is not detected. neither is shockwave). I tried downloading a full version of Flash 7. it seems to install correctly, but then nothing happens.

Help!

6. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hello again:

OK, I would uninstall Flash, then verify/repair permissions (wouldn't hurt):

Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility > Select your HD > Click FIRST AID tab > Verify Permissions. (Then Repair Permissions.)

Afterwards, I would reinstall Flash, then run the diagnostic tests again.

See if that helps. :)

7. trojan-horsed

Hello again:

OK, I would uninstall Flash, then verify/repair permissions (wouldn't hurt):

Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility > Select your HD > Click FIRST AID tab > Verify Permissions. (Then Repair Permissions.)

Afterwards, I would reinstall Flash, then run the diagnostic tests again.

See if that helps.

8. trojan-horsed

Sorry about the spastic prior post.

I got a vowel wrong in my computer, which would probably change everything, but I just looked up and saw that I have an "eMac" not "iMac." Big difference I know. Duh. So I went to Macintosh HD>Applications>Utilities and my only three options are:
    - Desktop Printer Utility
    - Disk Copy
    - Drive Setup f

Don't hate me! :eek:

9. exegete

exegete

Howdy. Even in eMac you should have the full complement of utilities, including Disk Utility. Sounds like you need to reinstall all your utilities.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice