1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suddenly it wont start

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rickthepainter, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rickthepainter

rickthepainter Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+, AMD64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1918 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 Series Secondary, 7 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 76216 MB, Free - 28160 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 0A64h
    Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

Hello I am rick and new
    The system listed above is not the one I am having problems with, my problem child is a emachine w3052 ive had for a long time, it runs xp home SP3 and the monitor is a Pivilionmx70........Here is the issue, It has always ran fine, I had it unhooked for a few weeks and set it up and the monitor would just go to green light for a second then back to yellow, no mouse-no keyboard, I noticed that the socket on the back seemed loose so I opened it up and observed the one portion I could see and wiggled the socket and it was moving the pins that penetrated the board. At this point I figured that I would need to get the board out and perhaps resolder the connection if it had broken free but mainly secure the socket some way.
    Well just a laugh I started it up and it worked fine so I used LapLinkMover to move my data to my win7, all went well, now the next day nothing SOS. When I move the plug in the socket the green light comes on but still no image other than the floating message saying CHECK VIDEO CABLE CONNECTION only when the light is green, still no Mouse-no Keyboard.
    I have tried a different monitor and the same thing happens. I would like some guidance on how to do some preliminary tests and hear what others have to say about this.
    I hope that was enough information. Thank's , I look forward to your reply.............rick

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi, have you taken out the board and soldered the loose connection?
    How old is this emachine w3052?

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    B:

It appears to be a 2006-era model that came with Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

------------------------------------------------------------

4. rickthepainter

rickthepainter Thread Starter

This is rick
    Thanks for the reply, to answer your questions, Yes I did get the board out and will need more magnification to actually see the joints , just had eye surgery,however , I was able to rest my finger on the back of the board and could movement. The next step for me is to secure the board and have someone else move the socket while I have my finger on the board." this will disconnect my mind and left hand from right" then I will try a Loupe to look at it, I will surely let you know.........
    As for the age, I will look right now. . .ok the silver label on top of board says, Phoenix Bios PentiumIV PHOENIX 2001 003362842.....lower left corner of bd. is, 1.1MO480020. ( I think you are right FLORIDA !) 2006
    Seeing the solder joints again they do look light just on that one set, like a different BOT or body installed it ?

Thanks again flavallee and Blues_Harp28 you have very good taste in music !

5. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi Rick, thanks the update, good luck and hope you recover from the surgery and feel better soon.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice