1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suddenly my laptop will not connect to building router(s)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Funkyecat, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Funkyecat

Funkyecat Thread Starter

Yesterday, it was working fine but suddenly my laptop will not connect to building router(s). My apartment building is wired with routers for WiFi. lost the connection to the system. My other computer works fine.
    Mapping shows the broken connection and the the computer indicates the WiFi cars is working fine. I even performed a complete reinstall.

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

When you click on the Internet connection icon in the lower right corner of the monitor, do you or don't you see a list of available wireless networks? If you do, is the one from your building there?
    And if so what happens when you try to connect to it?
    Please provide exact error messages and screenshots.

3. Funkyecat

Funkyecat Thread Starter

It does not connect to the router so I don't have any wireless connections as before.
    I get computer....line X....line router.
    (If it does not connect to the router how can I get any available nertworks? No error messages just no connection.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You should be able to view all network connections that the wireless chip "sees" when you click on the network icon near the clock even if you are not connected to your router.

Do you have a wireless icon? If not there are three possible reasons why after a reinstall: a) the correct drivers are not installed b) the wifi is not turned on c) the wifi is broken.

5. Funkyecat

Funkyecat Thread Starter

The WiFi must be broken. I can use a USB plug in adapter.
    Correct driver is installed.
    System is turned on.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice