1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suddenly no display at all on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wadp1, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wadp1

wadp1 Thread Starter

Suddenly, no display with monitor on; no No Input Signal message with it disconnected or computer turned off. But sometimes it works!
    I have connected the eMachines monitor to another computer, and it works every time. I have connected another monitor to eMachines computer, and it works every time!
    An eMachines tech suggested I reseat the memory cards, so I did, but it didn't help. Another suggested a complete system restore is the only remaining option.

2. wadp1

wadp1 Thread Starter

Thank you for your quick response! Having read it, I have jusst reconnected the eMachines monitor to another computer, and for the first time there is no display! I have also connected another monitor to the eMachines computer, and it is working perfectly! I had also (while awaiting responses to my post) tried for the first time connecting the eMachines monitor to my notebook, but it didn't work that way either. It is now looking more clearly like the monitor is at fault.

3. erick295

erick295

Sorry... I deleted my reply, so now you sound like you're insane ;)

I missed that you said you had already tried another monitor and it worked fine.

4. wacor

wacor Banned

its the thought that counts :) :D

5. skikaz

skikaz

try resetting you display settings to default, then take it from there.

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

your conclusion is correct insane or not (and I thought it was me), it is the monitor and repairing a monitor is too costly I'm afraid.

7. wadp1

wadp1 Thread Starter

Guess what, guys--this afternoon I plugged the monitor in again and it works! I am using it even now! All it did was disconnect the other monitor and reconnect the eMachines monitor to the eMachines computer.
    I appreciate the suggestions (and the fun), but (seriously) what am I to make of this now?

8. lexon123

lexon123

Don't forget to close this thread! :p

9. wacor

wacor Banned

my guess would be to enjoy it whie it lasts.

suspect the problem will reoccur but who knows.

10. Rich-M

Rich-M

Yeah if nothing else, something somewhere is at least loose enough to have caused this.

11. skikaz

skikaz

dont jar it any....
    a lot of times I've loaded up a pc or printer that was testing bad but once it was unloaded and plugged in at the shop, they worked. customers have a hard time believing that

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/466969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice