1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suddenly no power

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by huastro, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. huastro

huastro Thread Starter

Hello there tech guys..

i really need help for my annoying problem.. my laptop which is lenovo G450 suddenly No power
    what i mean is.. when i open my laptop i can get to desktop without anything problem... like beeps( sounds )
    but then.. i think when i open such as youtube.. work for the meantime then suddenly like i don't have a power at all
    in simply way the laptop is brown-out ..

i can't use english language at its best so i'm sorry for that..

is this maybe i need a thermal paste? i had done the following steps.

1. FRESHLY FORMAT MY OS (still not fix the problem)

2. CLEAN THE FAN (even it's not really had a jungle dust on it, doesn't work either)

3. USE ANOTHER POWER SUPPLY (ADAPTER FOR LAPTOP) , (still has the problem)

PS.
    even i have a battery or not ... same problem..

HOPE COULD YOU GUYS HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM

MY LAPTOP IS IN GOOD SPEED.. I MEAN IT'S NOT LAG OR ANYTHING JUST THE SUDDENLY NO POWER

thanks in advance!

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    A computer shutting off is typically an indication of a hardware fault. Most common causes would be the power supply or motherboard.

If was overheating, you would be getting an alarm (ie: beeping) as it shuts down.

3. huastro

huastro Thread Starter

like i said .. no beeping at all.. just if your're using desktop just unplug it .. so now you can understand what am talking about.. feels like that.

4. huastro

huastro Thread Starter

and just plug again. then press the power button.. so you could back to your desktop then abrupt unplug agan.. like that.. thats's the problem .

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I have rarely heard a laptop give an alarm when it overheats. Overheating would be my prime suspect.

Check the fans and blow them out with a can of compressed air. Listen for any fans spinning and air blowing out of the laptop where the vents are, check to see how hot the bottom is as well. Easy to do and a good first step.

6. huastro

huastro Thread Starter

sir .. thanks for reply.. but i think fan is in good condition.. and the hot thing.. is not really as hot that you think.. i just replace my thermal paste in processor and ati.. still not fixed the problem? is this somehow the processor its self is the problem ?

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  8. huastro

huastro Thread Starter

thanks for this. but.. overheating i think not.. its not really hot.. wrong charger? my charger is my laptop package charger.. virus? i don't think so.. i just fully formatted my laptop...

9. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    As noted in my first reply and

There is a hardware fault. Most likely the motherboard or the power supply.

If it's under warranty (which I doubt as you have opened it up already) have it serviced. Otherwise it's likely more cost efficient to simply replace it.

10. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    huastro, my post said there were two reasons
    hardware or display driver cache.

The three reasons you posted about I said did not apply to your situation.

I think you need a better translation program. :D

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice