suddenly software product key invalid

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

comiyuki

hello. recently my computer acts weird. one day one software is running just fine, the next it says that the product key is not valid and asks me to re-enter it. But even doing that doesn't solve the problem. At first I thought it was a problem of the particular software program but yesterday it also happened to Microsoft Office! so now I cannot use common software as word and excel...... I have tried to uninstall and reinstall them, tried to clear everything related to the software (folders, registry) before installing again, no luck and the problem persists and I dont have access to the program :(
Then I made a virus-spyware check (even though I have an antivirus software running), found some adware, erased them, no viruses. tried installing again, but it keeps not accepting the product key I give it.

the message says "Please enter a valid product key to use this product - setup has detected that the product key is missing or invalid."

I am using a Dell notebook, Latitude C840, with Mobile Intel Pentium 4-M, CPU 1.80GHz 1.20GHz, 512 MB RAM

I would really appreciate any help before more programs I already run start having problems!!!!! thanks

comiyuki

The problem I am facing concerns some of the software programs I have installed in my computer and not with the Windows XP... but thanks for your comment!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts