1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

suggested contacts in outlook 2013

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ccisfc, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccisfc

ccisfc Thread Starter

My outlook 2013 automatically creates email contacts when I receive an email with multiple people in the recipients bar. The results are that I have 1800 contacts including people I have never heard of. I sync with Icloud through an Imap system. I have contacted Apple and Microsoft. Apple says the settings are in the Outlook and Microsoft said they couldn't assist me and that I should try the forums. Help!

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

When you receive? Are you sure? IIRC, it only creates contacts using the email addresses you send email to. Of course that means if you forwarded an email that had 1,000 email addresses in it, all 1,000 of those email addresses would be added to your contacts. :eek:

3. ccisfc

ccisfc Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I believe it only emails I receive. I don't forward many and not to the email addresses that are showing up in my contacts. I understand in outlook 2010 there was a setting you could turn off, but not in 2013. Just what I heard, I don't know how factual it is.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1127871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice