1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

suggestion for a software that controls ALL fans?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gal_kimhi, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gal_kimhi

gal_kimhi Thread Starter

Hi!

when i'm gaming i'm usually bumping up my video card fan settings in Catalyst control center, and it works fine. I also have 3 case fans, which i want to bump up as well.

i was wondering if there's a program that can control not only my video card fan, but also my case fans, and hopefully use a profile for that job?

2. Koot

Koot

You might want to consider using NoiseMagic NMT-3 controllers on your fans to automatically control the fan speeds based on temperature. I use them to control three of my eight fans. They work great. Many gamers use them.

You can control multiple smaller fans with just one NMT-3 by using Y-adapters. You can also remote mount the tiny temperature proble (thermistor) to fine-tune the fan voltage (fan speed). These fan speed controllers are available in 28'C - 42'C (82'F - 108'F) and also 30'C - 50'C - the latter is model NMT-2. Works like a charm!

3. gal_kimhi

gal_kimhi Thread Starter

i was looking for software, not hardware

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It depends on your hardware AND how the fans are connected. If they connect directly to the pw supply, then you will need some type of hardware interface.

If the fans connect to the mb, then you can probably control the fan speed via software.

If these are large fans ie 120, 140mm type fans, those should be connected directly to the pw supply since they tend to draw a greater wattage.

5. gal_kimhi

gal_kimhi Thread Starter

all fans are connected to the MB.

do you know of any software that can control them AND the video card fan?

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are going to need separate apps to control the video card fan [if it is even controllable some are and some are not] If you have a nvidia card, then you can install the nvidia tools software. If you have an ati card, then the fan speed is controlled through CCC in advanced mode.

As for the other fans, IF your mb supports controlling the fans, it can be done with speedfan or sometimes the mb maker has a monitoring utility ie gigabyte easytune, etc.

Again this depends on the mb you have installed. If you have a high end board, it probably has these options.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice