Suggestion needed for DVD Writer and Sound Card?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Markie0425

Hello! I'd just ordered most of the parts i need for building my own tower, and the ones i need left are the DVD writer and Sound Card.

Anyone know what's a good/best recommending DVD Writer or a Sound Card for high end gaming? Money is no issue, thanks!

For a top gaming soundcard (if you don't mind the price) you could opt for a Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCIe

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3901279&sku=C44-3390

If you have a 7.1 or 5.1 AV setup in the same room as your computer - i would definately connect your new computer via the digital output on the motherboard (assuming you have one) and dispense with the use of a sound card because you will get far better sound from a proper AV hi-fi than any computer speakers.

With regards to DVD writers - if you think you need the facility to burn Blu-ray discs then go for something like this LG Blu-ray rewriter

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4308461&CatId=3634

Personally i consider a Blu-ray burner to be a luxury and will be sticking with my Pioneer DVD-RW drive until the price of BR burners comes down.

If you intend to get into serious gaming - then i sudgest you have a spare dvd drive in your computer as a back-up incase your dvd writer faults. (cd/dvd drives have a habit of failing when the shops aren't open)

Hope this helps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online