1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suggestions For a Good Scanning Program:

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by referee07, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

I have an HP J4580 All-In-One printer that also scans. The problem is, if I scan more than one (1) sheet, the program does not save them under one (1) scan but saves them as several separate scans. The scanner at work, however, saves scans as one (1) scan which can then easily be sent as an e-mail attachment. Is there a good program that allows scans of several pages to be saved as one (1) scan? (Other embellishments would also be welcome.) Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions/ideas.

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    The only thing I can think of is to scan all documents and insert them into a file.

3. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

texasbullet, thanks for the reply. That sounds like a good idea. I am still wondering if there is a program that would scan all page into one scan? Thanks again for your reply.

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Have you seen on youtube the canon DR-5080C. Maybe that is what you are referring to.

5. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

texasbullet, I checked out the Cannon DR-5080C and I am really looking for a program that would "override" the HP Officejet J4580 and allow me to use the copier/printer/fax and scanner to scan multiple pages into one scan. (I just scanned a 19-page document which resulted in 19 separate pages. Thanks for the reply, though.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Look at something like PaperPort: http://www.nuance.com/for-business/by-product/paperport/index.htm

Or maybe it's just a setting on your printer as I know HP's with their default software can scan multiple pages into a single document unless you are not using the Auto Feeder but the flatbed for scanning. You may have have a setting enabled to scan each page into a separate document.

7. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

Triple6, thanks for the reply. I made mistake by indicating that I am using the printer/fax/scanner/copier scanning program. I tried using this program when I first bought the machine several years ago, and I couldn't get it to work (the scanner not the printer). I am using the Windows Fax and Scan program that came with Windows 7. This program works well except it can't scan multiple pages into a single document. I'll check out PaperPort. Thanks again for the reply and the suggestion.

8. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

Triple6, I checked PaperPort and the program for individuals is $99.99 which is a little expensive for me. Thanks again for the suggestion.

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  11. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  12. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

Thanks, Guys. I have tried to update the HP software without success. (The installation never finishes.) And, I don't want to mess anything up so I am going to just keep scanning documents one-at-a-time using the Windows Fax and Scan program. Thanks anyway for the great advise.

13. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Did you look the article on how to change the Windows Scan behavior to allow multiple page scans?

14. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I never install HPs software (n)
    If you use Irfanview .. It can run the scanner.
    Each scan is opened in Irfanview were you can edit it if needed then choose where to save it and in the format of your choice.
    If you want to go this route, I can show you how to make shortcuts to scan in the dpi of your choice with one click

15. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

Triple6, thanks for the follow-up message. I checked the article again and saw that if I used a .tiff format, I could copy multiple pages into one document. I tried it, and it worked. I was also able to send it to myself as an e-mail attachment and I was able to open it and print it out. I think that this will do the trick. Thanks again.

Noyb, I checked-out Infanview and I'm not sure what to make of it. :~) It looks like a VERY comprehensive program. (There were 33 features listed.) I am really a computer newbie, and this program looked like it would be very useful for a professional. If possible, could you reply in "newbie language" how this program could be helpful to a newbie like me? :~)

Thanks guys for the help; I really appreciate it.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141999

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice