Suggestions for free .Wav to Mp3 converter?

bj nick

I've been using FreeConvert.com as an online conversion tool for quite some time and it's worked just great. All I need is simple .wav to mp3, nothing else. Now I get "error" every time....so if anyone knows that program and can troubleshoot that, great; otherwise I need a recommendation for another program. Thanks!

Last edited:

plodr

Liz
I love Pazera! I look there first when ever I want to convert or extract audio and/or video.

bj nick

Okay, thanks....I will give it a shot. But this morning FreeConversion immediately started working again......every time.....baffling, but hey, don't look a gift horse and all that.....I will use it till there's an issue again then maybe switch to Pazera. Is there another reason beyond simplicity to use Pazera instead? .Wav to Mp3 is really all I need it for....but I use that constantly (composing music on Finale, which will export only as .wav, so I convert them and send clips to people.)

plodr

Liz
First Pazera doesn't need to be installed. You click exe anytime you want to run it.
Second, no Pazera program I've tried has ever failed to do what I wanted.

I use this one. It works very well and doesn't have any pop up ads. I use it all the time and I recommend giving it a shot :), only if Pazera doesn't work for you!

Online Convert

bj nick

Okay so I heard back from free conversion people, I had sent them a support email. They reported that they had had a server problem and it's fixed, so that explains why it is now working perfectly again. I will consider all of your recommendations especially pazer
a, should I need them in the future. Thank you!

Firehammer

carsten
My suggestion would be DBpoweramp, but that is defiantly not free, but so easy to use.

I use this one. It works very well and doesn't have any pop up ads. I use it all the time and I recommend giving it a shot :), only if Pazera doesn't work for you!

Online Convert
Thank you for this website. It helped me a lot!
Also it is possible to convert with foobar. But it is not easy soft. Better to use mentioned soft.

VacaOldguy

Razz
Going online to convert any type of media can be a chore so I prefer to have a program locally on my hard drive to solve the problem and like many I prefer that it be without cost. "Audacity" a free downloadable program is my definite "go to" for Wav to Mp3, Mp3 to Wav and many more. It allows the editing of the sound file for a portion delete or even adding a second sound file at beginning, middle or end. Once finished, Export the file and Viola! Now this is just my opinion; however, I have never been disappointed with using it and it also recognizes when a Wav or Mp3 file is not correctly enabled or formatted. Saved my dire situations several times over. Regards from VacaOldguy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online