1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suggestions on good Video card with Svideo Out...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dk, Nov 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dk

dk Thread Starter

I am shopping for a graphics card that is relatively inexpensive with at least 32 MB of DDR and an Svideo out, I really don't pay that much attention to this area of computers, I am a college student and I would like something I can link into my 27" TV, to prepare Powerpoint presentations, and watch videos I download, I understand my resolution is going to suffer going to the TV.Thanks for the help.

2. deuce

deuce

How inexpensive do you mean "inexpensive"? If you are looking for S-Video, you are looking for a bit of a price. (but just a bit) I'm thinking (with out researching it), a 32 mb DDR with S-Vid will be at least $100 to $150. If that is what you are willing to spend on this than might I suggest Raydoen? I have a 64 mb DDR with S-Vid and I really like it. Raydoen makes good stuff. They also sell the all-in-wonder which I think is $100 or so and that has 32mb DDR and S-Vid and a tv tuner... (if I recall correctly) but I suppose you use your tv for tv... so you won't need that. If you are conscerned about losing quality going through your tv for powerpoint and movies, than go with the Raydoen 32mb DDR. (I'm thinking it is $100)

Hope that helped.

3. dk

dk Thread Starter

That is exactly what I'm looking for...anyone else???

4. deuce

deuce

HERE is a link to buy.com with three comparison models on it. They are all 32mb DDR and the ATI Raydoen is the cheapest at $139 and looks like it is the only one with S-vid out between the three. The raydoen doesn't say if it has it or not, but I am 99.9% sure that it does infact have S-vid out. On mine it didn't say, and it has it, and I remember looking at buying the 32mb one, and I remember it having S-vid out. Good Luck.:)

5. dk

dk Thread Starter

Thanks for the help...........

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice