1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suggestions on purchasing stable, proper, motherboard for Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by romanntiko, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romanntiko

romanntiko Thread Starter

When it comes to selecting mobo's, I'm not sure what to really buy. I am buying a Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB .

Can you guys give me some suggestions on a decent mobo?

-I will not be overclocking
    -little room for upgrade
    -stable board.

THX

~R~

2. chuckd1991

chuckd1991

I would go to newegg.com. They have a big selection of mobos there. Asus, Intel, Soyo, Aopen, and Gigabyte all make decent boards. When you go to newegg, click on Computer Hardware and then Shop by Catagory. When you hit Motherboards-Intel, there will be an Advanced Search colum on the left. It's handy for narrowing down what features you want. Since you have limited expansion space you might want to consider things like onboard audio and LAN.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice