Suggestions?

Big-E

I just inherited a p2 800mhz PC with 256mb ram and 8GB HD for free ...an old IBM. Now what should I do with it? Suggests?

3fs

Big-E said:
I just inherited a p2 800mhz PC with 256mb ram and 8GB HD for free ...an old IBM. Now what should I do with it? Suggests?
Put Linux on it. It loves older hardware.

Just out of curiousity, 3fs, why would putting Linux on an older computer help it?

3fs

I didn't mean that it would help it. Big-E asked for suggestions what to do with it, and I was simply saying install Linux. What I meant was that Linux runs more efficiently on older hardware than Windows does.

Big-E

Big-K said:
You stole my style of name. grr

I've belonged to numerous other forums with this name since I begun browsing, I guess. It's always been "Big-E"..can't change now, can it?

Big-E said:
I've belonged to numerous other forums with this name since I begun browsing, I guess. It's always been "Big-E"..can't change now, can it?
Of course you can! Thuggedout got his changed to coasterfreak!
*By the way, I was kidding*

Big-E

Big-K said:
Of course you can! Thuggedout got his changed to coasterfreak!
*By the way, I was kidding*
I didn't take offense to it, or anything. Just makeing sure you weren't serious..good enough. I used that name when I was in the Rap phase after my favorite rapper, Notorious B.I.G, they call him Biggie, but I was also stupid then and though it was Big-E. It has just been that ever since..my name is actually Matt so it makes little sense for my handle to be Big-E.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online