1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SUMIFS - adding specific column if another blank

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by FLOVETT, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLOVETT

FLOVETT Thread Starter

First Name:
    Felton
    I have been trying to figure a formula to add one column only if the results of another column is blank.

I have used sumifs(ac:ac,ab:ab,"<>") and sumifs (ac:ac,ab:ab,""). In both cases, the total column is summed.

I am using named ranges, I tried the names and the columns as well to no avail. I have been trying to solve for the past 2 days.

Attached Files:

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I hope you don't mind my saying I don't see what you're trying to do.
    Is it that you want to add BB is D is not blank? But the Sum of B:B will always be the same
    Or does it have to add all the B:B for those where column D is filled?
    Another thing, column D is NOT empty it contains a space so you will have to check on LEN(TRIM(D2))>0 instead of D2<>""
    I'm not that good with formula's and I would think of a macro but then you will have to tell me what the creiteria are for the SUM of B:B when D<> blank

I've returned your sample with an idea of mine, Column F will containa 1 or a 0 depending if D is emply or not but I stiull don't have the rest of the criteria

Attached Files:

3. flovettsr

flovettsr

Thanks,
    you did what I needed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030961

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice