1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved SUMIFS help

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by LVE2LRN, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LVE2LRN

LVE2LRN Thread Starter

I need help coming up with an excel formula
    I'm not sure if I need a SUMIF, SUMIFS or some other formula.

Each patient is assigned codes (B2:E2) and each code has a value (A5:B11). I need to add up the total value for each patient.
    The example below only gives a total of one code (in C2). How can I get it to total the codes in B2, C2, D2, E2 all together?
    upload_2019-3-19_14-58-4.png

Attached Files:

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Here's the formula to enter in G2:

Code:
    =SUM(VLOOKUP(B2,A6:B11,2,FALSE)+VLOOKUP(C2,A6:B11,2,FALSE)+VLOOKUP(D2,A6:B11,2,FALSE)+VLOOKUP(E2,A6:B11,2,FALSE))
    This will use individual vertical lookups on the left-most table and then sum the individual values. I did notice, however, I received an N/A error when testing this out, and the values in A7 and C2 weren't exactly the same, even though they look the same. I C&P'ed the value from the former to the latter and the code worked.

3. LVE2LRN

LVE2LRN Thread Starter

Wow that worked!!!!!

I never would have come up with that formula.

Thank You!

4. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

You're welcome (y)

Can you please mark this thread as Solved? That way, it may help others looking for similar solutions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice